Background                                       


St. James Evangelical Lutheran Church was established in Mannheim, Ontario in 1848. We are a church with a long history and a strong sense of mission. Our congregation was once a village church which largely served German immigrant farmers. Today, most of our members drive a short distance from Kitchener and environs to our church. Our congregation is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada (www.elcic.ca), which has nearly 300,000 members across Canada. Our national church is a member of the Lutheran World Federation, which has nearly 60 million members worldwide (www.lutheranworld.org). Recently, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada signed the Waterloo Declaration with the Anglican Church of Canada (www.anglican.ca). This allows our members to share and join in full communion together, to transfer membership across our two denominations and even provides for the possibility of pastoral ministers serving in the denomination of our partner church. St. James - Mannheim, along with St. James - New Dundee has a partnership relationship with St. George's Anglican of Forest Hill in Kitchener.


Home Page|| Welcome||  our churchMission|| Background|||| Newsletter|| Upcoming Events|| youthelwPrayers. Contact us|| 2012 Event Schedule,From the Pastor's desk.....